Genesis 1:29 Story
16 Exotic Grains & Seeds in Every Delicious Bite.
It's not everyday that we can access exotic grains and seeds from all over the world, let alone some of the most nutritious and delicious. Until now that is. Inspired by the Holy Scripture verse Genesis 1:29, we at Food for Life, have crafted a bread that pays tribute to the simple beauties of the world.
"Then God said, 'Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you." ~ Genesis 1:29
Comprised of 16 different certified organic sprouted whole grains and seeds, our bakers traveled the world to taste and specially select only the very best most nutritious and flavorful combination of ingredients to bake into our breads and muffins.
- Teff from the highlands of Ethiopia
- Black Quinoa from the mountainous regions of Peru
- Barley from the ancient Holy Land
- Brown Rice and Spelt from the Far East
- Amaranth and Chia from Central and South America
- Soy from China's past
- Flax and Rye from Northern Europe
- Corn from Old Mexico
- Millet and Sorghum from the plains of Africa
- Sesame Seeds from the Near East
- Pumpkin Seeds from the Mediterranean
- Spring Wheat and Unprocessed Bran from Montana
- Sunflower Seeds from the Dakotas
And as is true with all our Food for Life Sprouted Grain Products, we only use the very best ingredients and baking methods to ensure you truly get the very most out of your food.
- We use only freshly sprouted certified organic grains.
- Our products are kosher.
- We use absolutely no flour. Studies have shown that grinding grains into flour increases the surface area upon which enzymes in the body can work to more. quickly convert starch into glucose.
- We don't use any genetically modified organisms (GMO's)
- We don't use refined sugars. When sugar is refined and processed there are many harmful ingredients that are added to the sugar as a result. Instead, we use malted barley, a natural sweetener produced from sprouted barley, which is basically a carbohydrate comprised mostly of complex carbohydrates rather than the "sugar" carbohydrates.
- We don't use anything artificial – no preservatives or shortenings.
- We use a unique slow-bake process to preserve the natural fiber and bran benefits of grains.